Monday, October 26, 2009

Crazy Over Bread.......

Hot bread just out of oven............


After eating freshly baked bread made by Dr Azlinda at her house last week, I decided to dig out my breadmaker sitting like a white elephant in one of my kitchen cabitnet to make some bread. Its so nice of her to share with me the recipe which consists of healthy ingredients. So I have been baking a few loafs of bread since yesterday. So everybody watch out! Bread for breakfast, lunch and dinner til you drop......

Bread dough rising to twice its size...........





Make this sandwich with homemade chicken burger for son R who is working nightshift......


Here is the recipe for a healthy wholemeal bread:


2 1/2 cups high protein flour

3/4 cups wholemeal flour

1/4 cup multi grain or any nuts or seeds of yr choice

3/4 cup potato flakes

1 1/2 cup water

2 tbsp olive oil

1 -2 tbsp sugar

1 tsp salt

4 tbsp milk powder

2 1/2 tsp dry yeast


Put all ingredients into the breadmaker to knead. It will take 1 hour for the dough to rise. Then bake it til golden brown. (take about 1 hour to bake)

Sis Karen help me buy the ingredients from Baker Paradise @

K.H. Tan (Ah Huat)

Contact no. 012-4310049/ 012-4902477

Store 18, Batu Lanchang Market,

11600 Penang.

5 comments:

Little Corner of Mine said...

Looks great! I like whole wheat bread! Thus far only eat my bread for breakfast, very Chinese eh?

ladyviral said...

Healthy choice.. making own bread is even better... now if only I can bake... :/

molly said...

Looks simple and healthy ya. Have copied the recipe and will definitely try it.

Kess And Her Mama said...

I agree! There is nothing better than home baked bread.

eastcoastlife said...

I like the aroma of freshly baked bread in the house. I like bread too but have to watch the carbohydrates. :)