Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Happy Winter Soltice Festival 2009...



This morning I just realised it is Tang Yuen day again. I have been busy the last few days and I forgot to buy the ingredients to make my tang yuen (glutinous rice flour dumplings). I wanted to make some as I had miss making it last year. So off I went to Tesco and to my disappointment there were no glutinous flour and pandan leaves anymore in the big supermarket. Finally I decided to buy the ready made frozen ones which were just as nice with fillings of red beans, peanuts and my favorite black sesame. All I need is cook some syrup with rock sugar with a few slices of ginger and add in some pandan essence. I grind some glutinous rice and make some colored balls for added color but it is a bit hard.



Cooked glutinous rice dumplings......


Red bean fillings.........



Peanut fillings........



Sesame fillings.............

3 comments:

tigerfish said...

Blue glutinous balls! That's new.
I like SpringHome brand cos it has got lots of filling.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Happy winter solstice and happy holidays to you and family. We have the same frozen glutinous rice balls selling here as well. I missed making tang yuan this year, too lazy. :P

eastcoastlife said...

I don't make my own glutinous balls anymore, too tedious.

I also like the ones with black sesame filling. We are one year older now. :P