Thursday, December 8, 2011

Kids Can Bake........



It is seems like more than a decade that I had gone back to teaching or in fact in touch with any kids at all after I had been disabled with RA, ( Rheumatoid Arthritis).  Much to my anxieties when my niece and sister wanted me to help out with their child learning centre at KidsComp  which has baking class as one of their many holiday programs recently.

So it is an opportunity for me to get in touch with teaching again or in short as well as with the outside world of kids. My past teaching career was with only kids at school and within the confinement of a music room with the piano,  musical notes and theory as the main subject.  So what am I going to do with kids  as young as six to nine years of age in the world of baking.  I love baking and cooking since I have been confined at home with my music career going down the drain with some badly damaged fingers due to RA.

So with some preparations  my very creative niece  managed to crack her brains to come out with some interesting program that she thought the kids would loved.  We go crazy running about the island looking for utensils that the kids would love to have and needed. My niece had sleepless night looking out for ideas and materials to make the classes as attractive to a child's mind. So I am only out there to help her get the kids to bake and have fun during the long year end holidays.

I have finished 2 classes so far and I am surprised that kids can have so much fun and delight in what you can offer them if you really put your time and heart into it. They were so much fun to be with and you cannot described how much you have shared your  knowlege and skills in baking with them until you get down on your knees to be with them laughing, teaching as well as giving them all your attention to cleanliness and safety. They had so much enthusiasm and they just practically followed what I show them without any questions or doubt. It is such joy to be with them seeing them doing things what adults can do.

Here are some pics to share of my last 2 classes. Just watch their expression and words cannot describe how they felt and how much they could do in the world of baking......



Getting ready to bite into their own cookies......




Niece Lena supervising them.................



Wow, this is fun and hard work said the kids..........

Cutting out baking sheets for lining the baking pan..........



Woooo...these chococlates smells nice to eat................


Looks like I am the only boy chef here but I love it...........




Putting the final touches of chocolate chips on top...........



Brushing pan with melted butter....................

My muffins are ready to bake........

No comments: