Sunday, December 21, 2008

No Tang Yeun For Me This Year......


Gosh, how fast another year has passby and it just came to my knowledge that today is Winter Soltice festival again. And for the first time in many many years I am not going to make this lovely syrupy colorful glutinous balls for the reason that I am too weak to even make it after 2 straight days of indigestion, vomitting, and diarrhea. To add to that 2 of my family members just recovered from food poisoning, one just days out of hospital. Moreover these glutinous rice balls is not good for the stomach if you have indigestion.So I guess this year I will be a lot younger without the 'tang yuen' as chinese belief after eating tang yuen you will be a year older.


Check out my last year's posting for 'tang yeun' here. As according to Chinese calender this year celebration falls on 21st December compared to last year's 22nd December. I would like to wish all my Chinese buddies here Happy Dong Zhi Festival.

5 comments:

Little Corner of Mine said...

Happy winter soltice festival to you nevertheless. I'm going to go make some tang yuan after I visited all the blogs at my blog roll.

Kess And Her Mama said...

Oh dear...Get better soon Sweet Jasmine. Get some rest and don't try to do too much! Take care.

Rei said...

Get well soon and best regards to you and your family.

Kok said...

sweetjasmine,
Wish you and your family a speedy recovery. Take care ya!

P/s: You can get 50 free 4R photos. Hop to my blog for more info. :)

Lee said...

Hi Jasmine, Winter Solstice is the beginning of our longgggg winter.
And been snowing like crazy past few days too and right now as I type this.

Anyway, here's wishing you and family Seasons best wishes, a very happy Christmas and a happy new year.
Best and warmest regards, Lee.