Today I cook nestum butter prawns for dinner. It is quite an expensive dish if we eat out. Cooking this delicious butter prawns at home is just as yummy. I like to share it out with my readers......
300 gm big or medium prawns
1 big knob of butter (1 tbsp)
1 tbsp oil
2 sprig curry leaves
1 pandan leave (cut into 2cm sections)
1 tbsp of chopped garlic
salt and pepper for seosoning
2 egg yolks - beaten
3 to 4 tbsp nestum
2 tbsp milk
1. Clean prawns and slit open the back of prawns and take out intestine.
2. Season the prawns with salt and pepper for 15 mins.
3. Fry the prawns in hot oil til it change colour but not overcook and leave aside.
4. In a clean wok or pan, put in the oil and butter to heat up.
5. When butter melts, pour the beaten egg yolk very slowly from a height of about 2 feet from the pan. while pouring stir quickly the yolk with a chopstick to get fine strips of yolk.
6. Add in the chopped garlic, curry and pandan leaves to fry for a minute til fragrant.
7. Add in the prawns and stir well to mix and then spoon in the nestum. Fry for a minute on slow heat making sure not to burnt the nestum. Add some milk if mixture is too dry. Season with some salt and pepper to taste
For those who like it spicy you can add chopped cilli padi to it.I did not put it here because my boys do not like to bite on the hot chillis.