Chocolate cupcake.................with creamy chocolate.....!
The good thing about cupcakes is that you do not need to cut up the cakes while serving.....they are good and convenient for parties and gatherings. I made these chocolate cupcakes together with my carrot cupcakes.....on my son R's birthday and also the day when almost the whole of Penang had a blackout at 3.30 pm.....luckily for me i had just finish baking the last batch and the cream too......
150 gm butter - soften
150 gm castor sugar
175 self raising flour
3 large eggs
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
1. Beat butter and sugar with a mixer til light and fluffy.
2. Add in eggs one at a time and mix well.
3.Add in vanilla essence and mix til well combine.
4. Fold in flour and cocoa powder to mixture.
5. Line cupcake pans with 12 paper cups.
6. Fill the cups with cake mixture about 2/3 full.
7. Bake in preheated oven at 180 degree C or 350 degree F for 18 to 20 mins.
8. Test with a toothpick ...the toothpick will come out clean if it is cooked.
9. Leave to cool on a rack.
Fill the paper cups 2/3 full..................
Ingredients for Butter Cream:
75 gm butter - soften
125 gm icing sugar
1 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tsp very hot water - to be mix with cocoa powder
1. Beat together butter and icing sugar with electric beater.
2. Once well combined, add mixture of cocoa powder.
3. Beat til smooth and creamy.
I used a piping bag to pipe the cream on top of the cooled cake...then i decorate it with chocolate chips. Put it in the fridge for the cream to frost before serving......