Friday, September 5, 2008

Baked Seabass In Lemony Sauce....

I have not been cooking as well as sharing any nice homecook food over here for quite some time already. So this delicious baked fish cook up by son H for yesterday dinner gives me an opportunity to share it with my readers.

Yesterday, mother and son had some quality time together shopping in Jusco, when this full of surprise son wanted to buy a seabass while I was looking at the nice pinky salmon. At first I refuse to buy it as the staff there refuse to scale and remove the internal organs when requested as what I used to get it done when bought from the wet market. Later I relented when son insisted on cooking it for dinner. So here I play cameraman again while watching my favourite drama on TV while son H cook dinner.


The whole seabass (siakap) after scaling and cleanup.....cheap, cost only rm 7 ++


Son H caramelizing sliced big onions with bacon, sugar and lemon juice for stuffing...........


My little chef in action.................


Mixture of lemon zest, sea salt, and pinches of saffron which I bought from Bali. (this is only 1/3 of the mixture left as I was busy with my drama watching...)


The lemon mixture being rub into the slits of the seabass after placing it on a sheet of aluminuim foil brushed with butter.......


The caramelized onions ready for stuffing..........


Son H stuffing the onions into the fish torso..........


Squeezing lemon juice over the fish...............


Placing sliced lemons inside fish..............


Underneath and on top of fish...............

Drizzling in a little olive oil with a dollop of butter on top of fish....


In goes the wrapped fish into a preheated oven of 180 degree Celcius for 20 to 25 minutes........

Out comes the piping hot lemony fish after 25 mins........

His Ko Ko (elder brother) came back just in time from a stressful day at work to gobble up a quarter of the fish ( not bad for an enemy of fish with bones) and giving the thumbs up when ask to give his verdict.....Thank you son H, for another wonderful dish...!

11 comments:

Kess And Her Mama said...

Your son does you proud! You've taught him well. Now you can pass the chef hat to him whilst you watch your dramas (is it Wah Lai Toi?)

PS. Would you believe that Bloggerwave still has not paid me despite way more than 30 days???

CK Lam said...

Lucky mother, had dinner prepared by the son...envy lor.

Sweet Jasmine said...

kess & mama - I will be glad if he can cook up something nice once in a while....but he had other things on hand to accomplish. Moments like this will be cherished and appreciated...

Re: yr bloggerwave payment, I did received all my dues but after 40 days for the 1st posting and 45 days for the 2nd posting. If they do not pay you after 60 days you can question them...

Sweet Jasmine said...

kess & mama - Ooops..I forgot to mention that I am still following the never ending story of the 6 pm drama at Wah Lai Toi with some missing episodes when I am too busy....

Sweet Jasmine said...

ck Lam - Envy ya...? Guess I am just lucky once in a while. Envy you makkaning around town too..ha.ha..Cheers.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Your son is really talented in the kitchen lah to come out with this dish. You are a lucky mom!

eastcoastlife said...

This looks like a yummy dish fit for a king! or queen. haha.... I'll try that next time. Wah, the fish so cheap.

Kok said...

sweetjasmine,
I envy how good your son can cook. I've lost touch in cooking already...:(

Beachlover said...

wow!! salut you lucky mom,can goyang kaki waiting for your meal now!!lol!! come to my main blog,I have something for you:))

Marites said...

wow, your son's quite good. better than me as I am lazy with cooking hahahaha! i wish i can do that though as I really love fish.

Anonymous said...

I had this dish at Thai restaurant and I like it a lot. Restaurant wrapped fish with big leaf (banana leaf I guess) and bake so fish came with special aroma of leaf. Then I think I can't do it at home becoz don't know where to get leaf. Now I can learn to do it as your son, simply wrap with foil and with all these ingredients stuffed, sure it tastes good and juicy.