Thursday, July 5, 2007

Coca-cola ..........Chicken............

the ingredients......................................
Coca-cola chicken ............................................

This is the chicken I cook for lunch today using coke. It is easy to cook and taste good too. I marinate some chicken pieces(drumsticks )( I added some chicken wings because I run out of drumsticks) with 2 tbsp dark soya sauce. Then I fry it with 3 tbsp of oil til golden brown. Then I add in 3 slices of ginger and 3 crushed whole garlic to fry for a while til fragrant. Then sprinkle 2 tbsp of brown sugar on chicken to caralamize it. After that pour in about 150ml of coke and simmer on low heat til coke reduced,adding more coke(another 150ml) til chicken is cooked.(about 30-45min). Once chicken is cooked let the sauce reduce down to a thick syrupy consistency and serve with rice.

No comments: