Friday, July 27, 2007

Spaghetti Bolognaise........the easy way........!

Some grated cheese...............
Freshly boiled spaghetti.......................

Ready made pasta sauce with mushroom..........


A Plate of Spaghetti Bolognaise.......................



If you do not have much time to cook or too lazy to go out to eat, you can always cook up some nutritious meal at home. Recently , I cook a dish of Spaghetti Bolognaise by using some readymade pasta sauce which I stock up in my larder. Normally, if I have the time I would make my own bolognaise sauce but this is too time consuming. With the many variety of pasta sauces you can get from the supermarket nowadays cooking up a meal is so much easier.

For making the bolognaise sauce ,I chopped up some onions and saute it in a tablespoon of oil in a heated pan. I add in some grated carrots to saute with the onions.(any vegetables like brocolli or long beans can be added). Then I add in the minced beef (use chicken meat if you do not like beef) to cook until brown. Then I add in 2 nos ripe chopped tomatoes(skinned it after putting it in a pot of hot boiling water to soften the skin).( You do not have to use tomatoes if the pasta sauce serving is enough).I add tomatoes because I have to cook for more than 2 serving. Pour in a bottle of the ready made pasta sauce together with some sliced mushroom.(I used canned button musrhoom). Add a bayleaf and some dried mix herbs and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes under slow heat. (this is also optional if your pasta sauce has all the herbs ).Add some sugar to counter the sourness of the tomato sauce.

When the sauce is ready, serve it with freshly boiled pasta and grated parmesan cheese.

No comments: