Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A Bowl of Yummylicious Clam Chowder.


I have never cook clam chowder soup before as I do not usually want my children to eat those fresh clams that we used to eat as children in view of the our polluted rivers these days.....And few days ago my son H, who had the urge to cook something new for me......ask me whether I wanted to have a bowl of clam chowder since he had bought a tin of canned clams. So this is how he made this really tasty soup .......

Ingredients:


A can of baby clams in own broth.........

4 slices of bacon- diced

1 big onion -sliced

2 nos potatoes - peeled and cubed

1 bay leaf

300 ml milk -heated

10 gm butter

Method:

Drain the clams and reserve the broth in a bowl.....and chop up the clams roughly. Then fry the diced bacon in a pan til the oil melts.....add in sliced onions and fry til fragrant and lightly brown. Next add in the diced potatoes and cook for 1 to 2 mins. Add broth of clams and a little water to cover the mixture. Put in the bay leaf and seasoning (do not add too much salt if the broth is salty ).....bring to a slow boil and simmer til the potatoes are tender. Next add in the clams and simmer for 10 mins. Lastly add in hot milk and butter to mix til it melts. Then it is ready to be served hot.

Note: A chowder is a soup made of clams, fish, or vegetables with potatoes, onions and other ingredients like milk and tomatoes.

6 comments:

New Kid on the Blog said...

i dont like anything with bay leaf, dont like the smell... :(

Sweet Jasmine said...

new kid on the blog - wow..welcome back to the blog and M'sia...oh, you can omit the bay leaf and add other herbs....

Leena said...

One day, Henry must cook a big and hearty meal for us. His future wife is damn lucky lorr...:)

daphne said...

yum! I love cham chowder..actually I havent made this for ages! Thanks for jogging my memory!

Sweet Jasmine said...

shern's mom - yeah..I'll tell him that...

Sweet Jasmine said...

daphne - this is a nice change from our usuals chicken soup....